the race track table cloth

Cars Party Decorations

The race track table cloth was fairly easy to make and turned out really cute. It also cost me next to nothing. You will need: duct tape, white or light tan tape, yellow marker, and a white plastic or paper table cloth. To view more information on how to throw a Race Car party, be sure to view my Disney Cars Birthday Party post which has all of the tutorials from the party.

Cars Party


I made these tablecloths for logen's upcoming party. They look awesome and were well worth it but they did take quite a bit of focus and patience.

1. I laid out the table cloth and made sure their were no wrinkles by stretching it out and letting something heavy hold it in place on all of the corners.
Cars Party


2. I then carefully laid the black duct tape I had bought across the table cloth to create the roads. When using a plastic table cloth, once you lay the duct tape--you can't undo it and try to take it off because it will rip the table cloth so you want to make sure the table cloth is being held in place and very tight. I just rolled the duct tape off the roll and luckily it laid it place fine but it was a bit scary doing it. I made 2 table cloths with out mistakes so it is very possible. I did it myself but I would say it would be easier if it was a 2 person job.
Cars Party


3. I didn't want to buy a 5.00 roll of yellow duct tape when I only needed a very small bit of it so instead I colored some manilla tape yellow with a marker that I had at my home and then cut it into small pieces and placed it in the middle of the roads. I didn't measure anything or worry if it wasn't perfectly straight. I think it looks cute when it's not so exact.
Cars Party
and that's it! excited to use it for the party.
Cars Party


check out my other cars party posts. 

No comments:

AddThis