So...our sink faucet broke. Not fun. We had wanted a new faucet for our kitchen but didnt plan on buying a new one for a little while until it began squirting everywhere one morning and started leaking from well, everywhere. Luckily Jared was home so we set off for Home Depot to pick out a new one. I didn't want to spend more than $100 which for those who have looked, is not easy. A lot of the choices are well over $200 however we found the one we got at Home Depot for about $97 I believe. It was pretty easy to install however Jared did all of it and I won't step you through that because we are not experts with that. Just follow the steps from the box and you will be fine, anyway, I am definitely in love with our new faucet vs. old one even though we had to purchase it a little earlier than planned on. Oh well...
This post brought to you by CB2. All opinions are 100% mine.
Ok people, close your eyes and begin all that deep breathing you learned from yoga class, now begin to picture warm woods, beautiful accents, and bright colors in an exciting and playful dream house. You are surrounded by a brazilian landscape and everything for that moment is perfect.
Ok now open your eyes! and guess what! That dream can come true. CB2 which is a truly fantastic store is excited to partner on their latest collection with husband and wife design-duo Robert and Cortney Novogratz. and they are throwing a fantastic CB2 and Novogratz Brasil Sweepstakes where you and 3 friends can win a week long stay in the vacation home of The Novogratz family in the beautiful area of Trancosco, Brazil. Super exciting right? Also 10 other lucky winners will receive a CB2 gift card worth $100 along with a personal signed copy of the book, "Home by Novogratz". The Sweepstakes will run from May 2nd through June 3rd. You can enter at http://cb2.com/sweeps.
Now don't worry if you don't win! You can still create a beautiful dream house of your own with the new collection they have at CB2. Take a look below at some of my favorite pieces from the Novogratz collection.
Retro, Modern, and Vintage all thrown in one right? They really have some really great additions for any home wanting style, and a little attitude. My personal favorite is the luli table lamp but I also really love the soneca pendant lamp too which you can find at CB2 and Novogratz Collection and don't forget to enter the CB2 and Novogratz Brasil Sweepstakes.
I also want to make a shout out for CB2's social networks. They really are worth following and have some great design and collection updates.
This post brought to you by Miracle-Gro. All opinions are 100% mine.
Easy Wall Planters with the help of Miracle-Gro
First I want to talk about The Gro Project. Miracle-Gro has come out with something called The Gro Project which is a movement to bring out the green thumb in everyone. It offers great advice, tips, and ideas for planting. It is really helpful for those like me, who weren't born with a green thumb but really want to be a part of the growing movement. take a look!
Okay now, planting a garden or planting anything for that matter can be overwhelming. The idea of keeping something else alive besides my two boys and our very spoiled cat is a lot to think about at times. With that said, I have come up with a few easy ideas that will be great for beginners and those who don't have a lot of time, or are on a small budget.
One is my lettuce rain gutter garden which I started two summers ago and have posted about it a number of times because it has been such a success for our family and it was SO easy. I got some inspiration from Suzanne Forslings' when I created it. The lettuce hasn't sprouted yet but I'm excited in the coming weeks. What you will hearing about today are my easy wall planters that I've attached to my siding on either end of my rain gutter garden to add a bit of color. I grow lettuce, herbs, and green onions in my rain gutter garden but their's no color except green so I wanted to add some fun flowers on either end to give my backyard some excitement. This was such an easy and fun project. It took me about an hour to complete and it is for beginners. I ALWAYS use Miracle Gro products for any planting project I have. They are wonderful and quite simply, they work. They also have a bunch of fun garden projects for you to get some inspiration about. Please go check them out, see their pinterest boards because they are fantastic, and get some ideas for your gardening space, big or small.
Easy Wall Planters
Here is what you will need.
- steel hanger strap coils (found at any hardware store)
- power drill and some screws
- 2 small to medium planters
- flowers or plants of your choice to fill the planters
- some wire cutters, or sheers
- Miracle-Gro Moisture Control Potting Mix
- Shake’n Feed All Purpose Plant Food (OPTIONAL)
1. you will want to measure around your planters and and cut the steel hanger strap coil so that it overlaps a little to create a circle hanger. You will drill into both matched up holes as it overlaps into the siding where you want it. To cut the galvanized steel strap, you want to press with the wire cutters or sheers until it creates an indent and then fold the indent back and forth with your hands until it breaks apart.
2. After you have drilled the steel hanger straps in a circle hanger onto the siding, you will want to make sure your pot/planter fits snug into it and hangs easily.
3. Last is super easy, I added some Miracle-Gro Moisture Control Potting Mix along with my beautiful flowers. I chose marigolds because they are full sun plants and I loved the color. Whe choosing a plant or flower, be sure to think about how much shade the area will have and how it will be watered. Our sprinkler systems hits the rain gutter garden and the planters really well so we didn't have to think too much about getting it watered but if you have to hand water the pots and are nervous you will forget, you should probably choose a drought tolerant plant. After the plants are in, fill the rest of the pot with a little water and some more Miracle-Gro Moisture Control Potting Mix and also I would recommend adding some Miracle-Gro Shake’n Feed All Purpose Plant Food because it will keep the plants healthy and thriving. It's not needed but definitely a plus.
You probably saw this picture, and thought "what is she doing? Is this a puppet show?", well no I promise Their will not be a puppet show but this is a tip I got from a rehab addict episode and I have used it ever since on lots of projects. When you are applying a stain, white washing, or washing down walls even with a cleaner, use an old sock rather than a brush or roller. It works out a lot better and their are no streaks. It's also easier. You will need a rubber/plastic glove like the medical ones to put underneath the sock so it doesnt get on your fingers. You can get a big box in the pharmacy area. You will also discard the sock after because the paint or stain won't come out in the wash so pick one you don't care about getting rid of, perhaps from that lock sock pile in the laundry room.