harry potter party menu .

Harry Potter Party Menu

I have been researching, and brainstorming to come up with our harry potter menu for our party in about a week. I think it is finished however I may still add a few more things last minute....hopefully I didn't miss anything!? I will be trying other recipes too through out this week as we get excited for the big premiere. 

snacks

licorice wands 

honeydukes snack mix 

chocolate frogs 

appetizers

gillyweed & crackers 

main course 

bubbling potato chowder with 

blistering baguettes

drinks

butter beer

pumpkin juice 

divination tea 


RECIPES 


LICORICE WANDS: I will be going to a specialty candy store and finding all sorts of different flavors of licorice. 

HONEY DUKES SNACK MIX: this will be a sweet snack mix. 
honey nut chex, pretzel sticks, mnms, gummy bugs. 

CHOCOLATE FROGS: I will be purchasing gummy frogs from a candy store. (I've seen them at the dollar store too!) and then I will be dipping them into dark and milk chocolate. I will be assembling chocolate frog boxes and putting them in their. The box directions should be posted soon. 

GILLYWEED & CRACKERS: This will be a simple spinach and artichoke dip. I am not sure what recipe I will use yet. any suggestions would be lovely. 

BUBBLING POTATO CHOWDER: I am still deciding whether or not we will be having the chowder in bread bowls but we probably will.

bake 4 potatoes at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. cook 1 lb. of ground sausage on the stove until it is brown.  

then pour all of the following ingredients into a crock pot or on the stove and stir. I leave it in the crock pot on low for a few hours and then just keep it on warm. 

(serves 8) 
*chopped potatoes 
*2 cans of cream of potato soup 
*1 can of water 
*chopped green onions (measure to how much onion you like) 
*1 lb. of cooked ground sausage 
*a few sprinkles of coarse pepper 
*1/2 cup of sour cream 
*minced spinach (depending on how much you like, I like quite a bit) 

BLISTERING BAGUETTES
Ingredients:

1 Stick of Butter

Equal amount of Gorgonzola Cheese (it can actually be any tasting cheese, but Gorgonzola is the best I think)
1/2-3/4 cup of Mayo

Directions: Mix it all together in a bowl, place one small spoon full on each slice of a baguette. Place it in a Toaster Oven or regular oven at 400 degrees until cheese is bubbling.


PUMPKIN JUICE 
1 can of pumpkin pie filling, or pumpkin puree
2 cups apple juice 
1 cup pineapple juice 
1 teaspoon of honey 
add a dash of cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg

put all ingredients in blender, should be smooth. 

BUTTER BEER 
(this will maybe serve 2 people)

8 oz. of cream soda 
2-3 table spoons of butterscotch syrup 
(optional scoop of ice cream) 

DIVINATION TEA
we will just have different flavors of teas available. We will be having a divination tea table where you can read your tea cup.


to see more of my harry potter posts, click on one of the following:


No comments:

AddThis