Creating this was easy peasy and I think it turned out really cute. It's inexpensive but still thoughtful. Also, it took me like 5 minutes. Here is what you will need:
- Red pencils (bought at walmart in a multicolor pack for $1.50 or so...)
- Hot glue and hot glue gun
- Plaid ribbon and scissors
Steps for how to make the pencil star ornament.
- You want to set out the pencils to create a star and visualize how you want them to fit. You also want of figure out in which order you will glue them so none are tilted and they all glue nice together.
- I glued two pencils together to create a v or upside down A without the line together. Next I hot glued a pencil across the two to create a high "A". Next, I did the last two pencils criss crossing each other.
- Let it dry and than tie a ribbon around it to hang and wa la! Teachers gifts are done for the holidays.