Finishing The Basement Part 1

I know, I know...I haven't posted as regularly as I used to. This is my excuse: finishing the basement, getting logen set for an all day preschool, preparing to get a puppy, and going on vacation. I know it's still lame but it's true. I have had a bunch going on. I thought I would post our updated pictures on the basement. We hired it out because we frankly didn't have the time nor the skill to finish it ourselves. Something to know about me is that I am not detail oriented and super creative. If you want to hire someone to change your space and make it feel new and fun and colorful, well then I am your girl but if you want to get your basement finished and have it done well, don't EVER hire anyone like me. lol. That is why we went with a guy named Mike (if you want his info and live in the tooele, utah area, contact me by email). He has been great and did a really good job. 

Now that the drywall is up, we are going to go ahead and finish the rest ourselves. We just ran out of our budget that we had set and so we are going to do the rest together and I'm not too worried about it. The rest of the steps are something we have experience in and or atleast feel semi confident. We are getting someone to install carpet through most of the basement but in order to stay on budget and save some moulah, we will be handling painting, baseboards, finishing electrical, etc. probably on our own. If it gets too hard, we might change our mind but for now, thats our plan. I've already picked out the paint since that is the next step and am ready to go tonight so hopefully by the end of this week, I will have paint pictures posted. Their is a lot to paint so it will take me a while but I chose a mint color for the walls, fingers crossed it looks how I want it to.







No comments:

AddThis