Animal Zoo Favor Bags

Alright guys, so logen's birthday is tomorrow! He will be 3. It is always such a bitter sweet moment for me as a parent because on one hand, they are getting more independent and getting excited about new things, they have survived so far which is a huge miracle in my home, and they are absolutely adorable. On the other hand, they are getting more independent which means they don't need me as much, they are going out into the world which is beautiful and amazing and full of possibilities but it also can be scary, and depressing at times and you just at the end of the day, want them to be safe, and happy. Anyway, I have rambled off but I am so proud of my dear Logen. He hasn't had the easiest road. He was diagnosed with pdd-nos this last year and connecting with him all the time is not easy. You begin to celebrate the small things like eye contact, and saying any words or signs, and sitting at the table for 5 minutes without tantrums. It's a curious and wonderful but hard world for mothers with children on the autism spectrum and at the end of the day, I love him so much and wouldn't have it any different.

Animal Zoo Favor Bags

Alright so after all of that emotional let out, we are going to the zoo tomorrow with our little family, my sister, my brother, and my mom and dad. It will be a intimate, crazy, wild, adventure with him tomorrow and I am so excited. I made these cute little snack favor bags for everyone and it should be fun!
I got the giraffe printable on graphics fairy. I love that place, they have tons of free vintage graphics. Anyway, I downloaded it and then created 2 per page and printed them, cut them out, and glued them to paper bags. If you don't know how to create 2 per page when printing, just email me at justkathryn{at}gmail.com and I will send you the document for free or you can read my other blog post, How to download, use, and edit PRINTABLES
I put snacks in the bag, as well as a printed map of the zoo, and I also made some toilet paper roll binoculars. I spray painted them (which was a mess and I wouldn't recommend. They were splotchy, constantly fell over when painting, and I would definitely hand paint them instead next time), hot glued a small piece of felt over one side of the each toilet paper roll, and then hot glued both toilet paper pieces together. Last, I punched holes and tied string to them so everyone can wear them around their neck.

 

AddThis