HOW TO Add Glitter to your Holiday Cards

Picture

make your holiday cards glitter.

holiday glitter cards. place a little glitter on your photo cards to give a little extra shine. so fun and easy!
Picture
Picture
I am very pleased with our christmas card this year. I always spend a lot of time thinking what I'm going to do and so it's nice to see it work out the way I want it.

For our card, I designed the template and text that went on the card using the picnik photo editing program however if you don't know how to do this, you can simply use a card template from whereever you are ordering the card from.

When you choose the company to order from, their are a lot of things to consider. #1. price--I get it, believe me...it's so much cheaper to get the generic photo paper at walmart, costco, etc. While these will work for this craft and will still look wonderful....I ordered mine on a flat photo card from mpix.com. This was the first time I had ordered with them but I am really happy with how it turned out. The paper quality is so nice and it's a heavy cardstock so it looks really nice. It also was cheaper than similar products at other companies including walmart.

(I am very sorry to family and friends that view this post and see a sneak peek of our christmas card before it arrives, haha, sorry!)

ok so I got my photo! and now I'm ready to glitter and frost the trees.
Picture
you will need:
  • glue for glitter (mod podge will work too!)
  • sanding glitter
  • pencil with eraser
  • paper or newspaper to put under your card and keep the glitter mess under control
Picture
first, I took a little glue and dabbed it around the place that I wanted the glitter.
Picture
next, I carefully spread it around using a pencil eraser. This was the easiest tool for me to get the look I wanted.
Picture
Picture
I covered the area with glitter and then shook it off. that's it! i let it dry and then addressed them for christmas.
Picture
Picture
Picture
Picture


No comments:

AddThis