for those who are sick of cold weather, look at a diy garden project!

Yes! I do know it's still winter. To avoid focusing on the cold weather, I am getting excited for gardens,
popsicles, and freshly cut grass sooo....

As Jared (husband) and I are planning our garden/backyard make over, we have been paying a lot of attention to upside down planters.

here is a wonderful link I found to making a Upside Down Planter with a 2 liter bottle. It's a wonderful idea for those who do not have room for a large vegetable garden.

Here is the Topsy Turvy picture in case you are not interested in making your own. I also found how-to's for making a upside down garden out of a 5 gallon bucket.

My question: has anyone ever used these?


Upside Down Garden
2 liter bottle by The Cheap Vegetable Gardner
http://www.thecheapvegetablegardner.com/


Hanging Tomatoe Garden
topsy turvy

2 comments:

Mindy said...

We've used the Topsy Turvy, and we've liked it!

Granted, it took a couple years to get it figured out just right when to plant them... ;-)

Couple things about them:
They need to be watered regularly since they don't hold any ground moisture.
It's best to keep them out of full sun because that breaks down the outside plastic faster and can also scorch the plant from the roots out.

I'll be interested to find out what you end up trying!

Thanks for stopping by my blog--I'm enjoying looking around here!

Beth@Wiccan Make Some Too said...

Have not tried Topsy Turvy. Was thinking about the one for strawberries. This homemade container is an awesome idea. Following your site now. Found you at a linky party. Cool site you have. Poof on by Wiccan Make Some Too when you have a minute & say hi!

AddThis