Dad Frankenstein Costume





Adult costumes are hard because you don't want to feel like a kid but at least for me--I don't want to wear the itty bitty costumes either. I want something that is fun and easy as a parent. I am usually trick or treating with my kids or passing out candy and so I want something that is appropriate for that.

My husband loves halloween and so we went for a Frankenstein theme this year (my costume is coming...very soon...) while the boys are going to be skeletons.

The frankenstein hat took less than an hour to put together. It really worked well.


What you will need:

  • black hat with flaps (if your hat is really stretchy, it probably won't work because it's hard to glue felt on something really stretchy. a little stretch is fine)
  • 1 piece of green felt
  • 1 piece of light gray felt
  • 1 piece black felt
  • hot glue gun & glue sticks
  • scissors
alright so the hat I bought I got at walmart. It is a basic fleece flap hat but it had tassles on the sides of the flaps and a tassle on the top of the hat. I simply cut these off. 

I then cut a long strip of green and glued it on forward top of the hat folding it over so we glued part of it the top of the hat where it will be seen, and the other part on the inside of the hat..This will make it look a lot better and more uniform. 

I cut a small skinny black strip of felt the same width as the green piece I had cut and then I cut triangles into it to resemble his hair. 

the last step was the screws in his head. These were the light gray felt pieces. I cut a very skinny piece of felt and then cut it in half and places some glue along the entire piece and then rolled it together so that it glued together. After that dried, I applied a lot of glue to one end of the round gray piece and glued it to the hat. I made two of them so their was one on each side. 

That's it! 

Jared already had a suit coat and a black tee shirt and a pair of jeans. It is a simple and great theme for Halloween. Especially if you are going trick or treating with the kiddos. 


No comments:

AddThis