Golf Grass Coasters for Dad

I made these for my dad. He loves golf and so when I was thinking of what to get the dad who already has everything, I decided to try some golf grass coasters. I searched d.i. (thrift store) and found a golf putting grass. It already had a thick turf underneath so then all I had to do was cut them with a saw and power saw. We used the power saw for as long as we could, but then had to use a handsaw for some awkward parts as you can see below.
Other ideas to create these:
You can look at a hardware store like home depot that carries grass carpeting and see how much it would be to cut some from there and then you could hot glue or super glue the grass to tiles that will sit well as coasters or if you find some fake grass like easter grass you could glue or attach those to tiles or cork squares as well. I measured at cut them into 4x4 squares. hope that helps! a fun gift for fathers day, birthdays, or really anyone who loves golf.


No comments:

AddThis