DIY Painted Doorbell

ok guys I have been staring at this yellowing ugly and plain doorbell since we moved to our home 5 years ago. Many times I have thought about replacing it and I have definitely complained to my husband many times as well. However, every time I've gone to Home Depot looking to replace it, I was not happy with the choices or prices. They looked so plain and I didn't really want to spend $20 on a doorbell that I didn't LOVE. I looked online a few times and found some AMAZING doorbells but I didn't want to shell out $30-40 for a doorbell. That just seems....well silly when I could use $30-40 on a much bigger makeover in my home. In the end, I woke up this morning and decided, I am going to paint my doorbell!

I had an extra can of silver spray paint in the garage so I unhooked the doorbell, taped around it, and painted away. It wont be perfect, no paint project really is but I can't stop smiling at my doorbell. I am proud of my free fix (or $3 if you need to buy the paint).

I will definitely post some better pictures once it's dry and finished.

silver painted doorbell
silver painted doorbell
silver painted doorbell
 

 

AddThis